Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Birthday Delight

What a wonderful birthday! For the first time in many years, every desire came to fruition. A lovely long weekend, blazing hot temps, no rain, no plans.

I selfishly ditched the regular housework, popped a few new plants in the garden, and watered everything within an inch of their little plant lives! Ordered pancakes & bacon for me, eggs for the dogs, and a big splash of Bailey's in my coffee.

After breakfast on the deck, I grabbed my new book, sunscreen, and a couple of towels. Spent the rest of the morning alternately reading, swimming and napping by the pool. Took break from all that hard work (and the sun) early in the afternoon, and made myself a sandwich.



Spent the hottest part of the day in the shade, tinkering with this necklace. I wanted to challenge myself and see how many different things I could include in this piece, and still have a coherent composition. I am quite pleased! The little bone skulls represent some of my old life and habits that I'm leaving behind. The greens show a fresh new beginning, and the stone and wood elements keep me connected to the basics in life.


Recently, Chip had a birthday of his own. He turned 4 last month. This cheesecake was a big hit!

1 comment: