Thursday, February 25, 2010

First Entry

OK, this is my first entry for my jewelry experiment. I've done quite a few projects with beads and chains and earrings, etc. I've also done a lot of reading about people who have successful jewelry / design businesses. It's very inspiring, and scary at the same time.

For now, I am content "playing around" with my supplies on the weekend, maybe making one or two pieces that I can wear during the week at work.

Every once in awhile, someone complements me on something I've made, and so far I've just replied with a simple "thank you." I am not ready to blurt out, "Thanks, I made that!" In time, with more confidence, I suppose I will. Eventually when I find I am tired of something I've made, I bring it to the consignment store, and every so often I end up with a few more dollars for (you guessed it!) more supplies. What a wonderful, vicious cycle!

Today I found a new artist who makes some really wonderful things: http://www.bellaluloo.com/ I found that once I began browsing through the gallery, I just couldn't stop. Beautiful pieces, very creative yet tasteful.



Sushi Roll by Nancy L. T. Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment